Dear Parent and Members
The 2017/2018 Junior Trials are scheduled for Saturday 26 August and Sunday 27 August 2017 and will take place at the Benoni Northerns nets as follows:
- Under 8 | 27/08/2017 at 8h30 - 11h30 | Born 2009 Or earlier (2010,2011,2012)
- Under 10 | 27/08/2017 at 12h00 – 15h00 | Born 2007 and 2008
- Under 12 | 26/08/2017 at 8h30 – 11h30 | Born 2005 and 2006
- Under 14 | 26/08/2017 at 12h00 – 15h00 | Born 2003 and 2004
Registrations and transfers
Online registrations are open, all players will need to register for trials on the day. All players from other clubs that wish to attend trials are to please bring along your signed transfer forms. All new member to please bring along a copy of their birth certificate and copy of the parents ID.
Boerie rolls and cold drinks will also be on sale.
A R100 non-refundable Trial fee will be charged and payable in cash on the day for all players attending.
Dress code is to be strictly adhered to, failing which a player may be denied to participate in the trials.
- Predominantly white shirt (NO Provincial representation to be on the shirt). Benoni Northern’s cricket shirts may be worn.
- Black or white long or short tracksuit type pants
- Used red cricket ball. 113g (U8&U10); 135g (U12); 156g (U14). NO new ball will be allowed. NO pink; White or other colour will be allowed.
You will then be advised and invited to attend a standby trial date. If protocol is not followed and teams are filled you may at best be placed on a waiting list. Standby trial date will only be communicated to you if you excuse yourself via email.
Parents and spectators will under NO circumstances be allowed in the net area (or at the back of the net area) during the trial sessions
We kindly request all parents take advantage of the shade and refreshments on offer and allow the children to show their potential.
There will be one of the committee members available to discuss all matters relating to the new season on hand.
We urge all who are part of the Junior section this year to remember that cricket is a game that owes much of its unique appeal to the fact that it should be played not only within its Laws but also within the Spirit of the Game.
Any action which is seen to abuse this spirit causes injury to the game itself.
- Please ensure that you bring along sunblock, a cap or hat and water or hydration drinks.
- Please discuss NOW with your child what discipline will be evaluated as team structures (specifically in Super League sides), will be based on seam bowlers, spin bowlers, batters and a limited amount of all-rounders. Wicket Keepers will be assessed separately, please do not put your name down as a bowler or bowling all-rounder and then ask to be assessed as a Wicket Keeper.
- Teams will only be announced at a minimum, within 2 weeks of trials having taken place. Please refrain from emailing the committee requesting the teams. This will be communicated to all and posted on the website and facebook when complete.
- Age group practices are anticipated to begin once the teams have been announced.