Re: LEGAL REQUIREMENTS AT BENONI NORTHERN SPORTS CLUB AND ALL GROUNDS
It has become necessary to send out a reminder in pointing out certain aspects of our legal responsibilities.
- No alcohol is allowed to be brought onto our premises unless it is purchased from one of our registered, demarcated alcohol outlets (Bars)
- Alcohol is only to be consumed within the specially demarcated areas for this purpose.
- All Members are to ensure the following:
- Guests, be it visiting sporting teams or individual guests, are the responsibility of the club member/s.
- Managers/Coaches/Chairmen/Presidents of the Sub Sections are to bring this to the atttention of visiting sides prior to them arriving for sporting events.
- Although overall accountability remains with the Executive Committee of your club, it is not the responsibility of your clubs Executive Committee or General Management to ap-proach guests to enforce this rule, it is the responsibility of the sub club concerned.
We run the risk of losing our liquor licence if this continues and this would be disastrous to the
profitability of the club, not to mention the adverse publicity this would bring.
- Open fires are not permitted on any part of the club grounds, unless in the purposely built, demarcated areas around the grounds.
- Team/Members are permitted to use skottle, gas appliances for this purpose.
- It is further recommended that you rather approach the Club Caterers to assist with this should you wish to have a braai after a game or for any special occasion.
- No parking of vehicles on all fields is permitted at any time (unless organised by an event)
- No animals/pets are permitted on our grounds at any time.
I look to you all for your support in enforcing these very simple rules that are displayed on the two entrances to our grounds and I know that I can rely on you to take action where necessary.
Yours in sport.
Main Club Chairman