When: Saturday, 7 January 2017
Time: 8am to 6pm
Where: Benoni Northerns Sports Grounds - A, B & C fields Field layout (map)
Who: Any player above the age of 16
Cost: R800 per team
To download the pdf file, please click here.
How it works:
Phase 1 - Round Robin
The 15 teams will be split up into 3 groups. Each team will play round-robin type games and points will be allocated based on results and performance.
- Win = 6 pts
- Draw = 3 pts
- Loss = 2 pts
Bonus points (Win/Draw/Loss points)
- + 1 pt - Reach 60 runs
- + 1 pt - Every 10 runs scored after scoring 60 i.e. 70, 80, 90 etc
- + 1 pt - Taking 5 wickets i.e. bowling the other team out
Phase 2 - Knockout
All teams will be placed onto a log and entered into the finals.
- Semi 1: 1st vs 4th
- Semi 2: 2nd vs 3rd
- Bowl Final | 5th vs 6th
- Plate Final | Loser Semi 1 vs Loser Semi 2
- Cup Final | Winner Semi 1 vs Winner Semi 2
Game format and rules:
- Max of 6 players on the field per team - no limit on players in squad.
- Each innings is 5 overs long.
- Only used cricket balls may be used, new cricket balls may not be used.
- Teams are to supply their own cricket balls, balls will not be supplied.
- Each bowler bowls a maximum of 1 over, keeper does not bowl.
- All extras are recorded on the batsman's account.
- All bouncers will be called as no balls or wides.
- Once 5 wickets have been taken, the team is out i.e. no last man standing.
First 4 overs:
- wide = 4 runs
- no ball = 2 runs (+ whatever the batsman scores)
- All wides and no balls are not bowled again.
- During the 5th over, wides and no balls count for only 1 run but they are bowled again (normal cricket rules).
- There are no fielding restrictions.
- Batsman must retire after scoring 30 runs and may only return when all other batsmen are out.
What to wear...
- Dress to impress!
- NO RED shirts or pants allowed - we use red balls making it dangerous to wear red clothing.
- There is no official attire for the tournament, players may wear any clothing from shorts to full whites.