When: Saturday, 28 March 2020
Time: 8am to 6pm
Where: Benoni Northerns Sports Grounds - A, B & C fields Field layout (map)
Who: Any player above the age of 16
Cost: R900 per team
For details and entries, contact Rhenier 082 496 2376 or Dylan 073 881 9936
Interested sponsors to contact Rhenier 082 496 2376 or Dylan 073 881 9936
How it works:
Phase 1 - Round Robin
The 16 teams will be split up into 4 groups. Each team will play round-robin type games and points will be allocated based on results and performance.
- Win = 6 pts
- Draw = 3 pts
- Loss = 2 pts
Bonus points (Win/Draw/Loss points)
- + 1 pt - Reach 60 runs
- + 1 pt - Every 10 runs scored after scoring 60 i.e. 70, 80, 90 etc
- + 1 pt - Taking 5 wickets i.e. bowling the other team out
Phase 2 - Knockout
All teams will be placed onto a log and entered into the finals.
- Semi 1: 1st vs 4th
- Semi 2: 2nd vs 3rd
- Bowl Final | 5th vs 6th
- Plate Final | Loser Semi 1 vs Loser Semi 2
- Cup Final | Winner Semi 1 vs Winner Semi 2
Game format and rules:
- Max of 6 players on the field per team - no limit on players in squad.
- Each innings is 5 overs long.
- Only used cricket balls may be used, new cricket balls may not be used.
- Teams are to supply their own cricket balls, balls will not be supplied.
- Each bowler bowls a maximum of 1 over, keeper does not bowl.
- All extras are recorded on the batsman's account.
- All bouncers will be called as no balls or wides.
- Once 5 wickets have been taken, the team is out i.e. no last man standing.
First 4 overs:
- wide = 4 runs
- no ball = 2 runs (+ whatever the batsman scores)
- All wides and no balls are not bowled again.
- During the 5th over, wides and no balls count for only 1 run but they are bowled again (normal cricket rules).
- There are no fielding restrictions.
- Batsman must retire after scoring 30 runs and may only return when all other batsmen are out.
What to wear...
- Dress to impress!
- NO RED shirts or pants allowed - we use red balls making it dangerous to wear red clothing.
- There is no official attire for the tournament, players may wear any clothing from shorts to full whites.